What are Different Types of Joint Replacement
The branch of medicine which takes care of the diseases and conditions of our musculoskeletal system is known as orthopedics. The musculoskeletal system is an important part which provides movement to the body. Along with movement, it also gives stability, support and form to the body. It is made up of bones of the skeleton, muscles, cartilage, tendons, ligaments and joints that supports and binds tissues and organs together. But certain diseases and disorders don’t allow this system to work in a normal manner. This is where orthopedics comes into play. Eternal is the best orthopedic treatment hospital in Jaipur.
There are different causes of joint pain which affects the musculoskeletal system as a whole. Some of them are –
• Injury is the most common reason and can be suffered by anyone. Sports injuries, vehicular accidents are common joint related injuries.
• Osteoarthritis is the most common form of arthritis which severely affects our joints. It is a degenerative joint disease and is seen in older people.
• Gout and rheumatoid arthritis are two another common forms of arthritis which severely affects our joints.
• Some other rare diseases include joint infection, lyme disease and gonorrhea.
Symptoms of joint pain are known as –
• Stiffness of joints that causes pain for no reason.
• Recurring pain in joints.
• In joint damage, there is a feeling of bone rubbing on top of another bone.
• Bursitis is a common condition in which there is inflammation of cushioning pads.
Joint replacement surgery in India is common when the pain is unbearable and the function of joint is also hit. Some of the common surgeries of joints are –
• Hip Replacement Surgery – it is the surgical procedure in which the diseased cartilage and bone of the hip joint is surgically replaced with artificial materials. The surgery involves replacement of the diseased ball and socket joint with a ceramic and metal ball which is inserted into femur bone. It is suitable for patients with pain due to arthritis.
• Knee Replacement – movement of body is possible due to weight bearing surfaces. In total knee replacement, these weight bearing surfaces are replaced with the help of an artificial material. It is solution for patients with severe knee destruction.
• Shoulder Replacement – it is a surgery in which there is replacement of the damaged part of the upper arm with the help of prosthesis.
Tags: Orthopaedics treatment, joint replacement, hip replacement surgery, knee replacement, shoulder replacement, eternal hospital