What Causes Knee And Hip Pain
The hip joint is also known as ball and socket joint and is one of the strongest joints in the human body. There is a hollow socket in the pelvis where the top of the thigh bone that is shaped like ball rests and that is how it gets its name “ball and socket”. Of all the different kinds of joints in a person’s body, the ball and socket joint allows the most movement. If one is looking for any kind of knee replacement surgery, then the search should end as we are the best anaesthesiology hospital in Jaipur.
When should one go to a doctor?
Hip pain can be treated by self-help treatments that are quite simple and easy to do. However, if the pain persists even after taking the painkillers regularly and one should seek out professional help and go to a doctor.
One should straight away go to a doctor if any of the following has happened:
· If one has injured the hip.
· If one has had a fall and the hip has taken the impact.
· If the pain persists and keeps getting worse.
· If daily activities like walking, going upstairs or leaning forwards when sitting become painful.
· If one is losing weight.
· If one feels feverish or under the weather.
What causes hip pain?
Hip pain that is long term is caused by precise conditions, however, most of the times there is a very simple explanation for hip pain such as overdoing exercise or taking a fall. Most of the times it is knee pain that indicates a hip problem and going to an expert and seeking medical help would make it clear as to why is one experiencing hip pain. When knee pain causes a hip problem, it is called radiated pain or referred pain. It is also very common.
How is hip problem diagnosed?
If the pain persists for longer than a period of two weeks one should go to a professional for the diagnosis and we have a team of highly skilled and vastly experienced doctors and surgeons who are considered to be the best in India.
While diagnosis, the doctor will ask one about when the hip pain started and when it hurts the most. The doctor would also want to know how pain affects one’s daily life to get a clearer picture and to fully understand how severe the situation is. The hip will also be examined and some tests like X rays, CT scans, MRI scans and blood tests would also be performed to fully understand the problem and what is causing the pain. The team of doctors and surgeons that we have is highly qualified of the hip replacement surgery in Jaipur and the treatment administered here is top-notch.
How is hip pain treated?
If the pain does not reduce after medications like paracetamol and ibuprofen, and a mixture of rest and gentle exercises, the doctors may adopt a different treatment which may include:
· Drugs: strong NSAIDs (Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs), like diclofenac, naproxen, or a higher dose of ibuprofen can be administered to help with the pain.
· Physiotherapy: it helps a great deal to have physiotherapy when in pain as physiotherapists help one figure out the best way to deal with the pain.
· Occupational therapy: An occupational therapist can help change the way one moves to reduce the pain and stop it from coming back.
· Steroid injections: if bursitis or inflammation is the cause of pain in or around the hip then one steroid injection is the best alternative to deal with the pain.
· Surgery: there are various kinds of surgeries that are administered to help deal with pain. Hip replacement surgery is performed when the pain is caused because of arthritis. Revision surgery is performed when the replacement becomes loose or infected. An acetabular labrum surgery is performed to reshape the hip and help it achieve better movement. If one is trying to find a place to get a hip replacement surgery, then stop looking as we are the best hospital in Jaipur and the services that we provide are world-class. We have a variety of therapists, doctors and surgeons that are equipped to deal with all kinds of problems.
Tags: Joint replacement surgeon, Hip Replacement surgery, Knee Replacement surgery, Anaesthesiology hospital, Eternal Hospital.