Obesity and weight management is something that everyone talks about. Today, everyone is concerned about their health, be it adults, teenagers or old age people. Irrespective of their age people try to look fit. People are motivated and concerned about their health more than ever. Awareness about health care and benefits is of prime importance. Young people prefer going to the gym and jogging whereas old age people prefer walking or doing yoga. After all, obesity is the prime reason for a lot of health diseases such as hypertension, thyroid, osteoarthritis and many more.
What is obesity?
Obesity can be defined as a chronic and abnormal accumulation of fat due to a genetic disorder or bad eating habits. It does not just affect the body physically but mentally as well. Since people suffering from obesity irrespective of their age are bullied and harassed by the society. Due to this, they just do not deal with diseases that are caused due to obesity but psychological issues such as depression as well.
- Inability to do mundane tasks
- Heavy breathing while walking or doing any physical work
- Back and joint pain
- Low self esteem and confidence
- Seating while eating or doing minor tasks
- Irregular sleep
- Snoring while sleeping
People suffering from obesity and weight management suffer from numerous of health issues such as:
- Heart disease and stroke
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Breathing problems
- Sleep apnea
Treatment for obesity and weight management consists of a varied number of methods and medication. To control weight it is absolutely necessary that the patient brings about some major changes in lifestyle and behavior. Some of the treatment and major lifestyle changes include:
- Change in eating habits: Patients suffering from obesity are advised to eat fewer carbohydrates. They are also put on a strict diet in which they are only allowed to eat smaller portions of food distributed 4-5 times a day.
- Increase in physical activity: People suffering from obesity are advised to use stairs rather than lift, do physical exercises. Also, daily walking, exercising and doing yoga should be an essential part of their lives.
- Positive thinking: It is very important to keep a positive attitude while losing weight because getting instant results is difficult. Some people leave their diet and routine as they do not get instant results.
- Joining a weight loss program: Such programs help in maintaining a positive attitude and a fixed routine of dieting and exercise.
- Liposuction: It is performed on people who are obese; it removes extra fat that the person is unable to get rid of even by diet and exercise.
- Laparoscopic GI surgery: There are a lot of laparoscopic procedures that involve laparoscopic techniques to reduce the size of stomach and intestines. This helps an obese person to eat in small quantity and thereby reduce weight.
Why Eternal Hospital?
At Eternal Hospital, we have a highly qualified and dedicated team of doctors who are always committed to providing the latest and most advanced medical care to all our patients. Being a trusted name in healthcare, we act compassionately while ensuring confidentiality to those who need it. We have set high standards in patient-centric premium care and outstanding patient safety, and exceptional maintenance in a timely manner. In addition, we adhere to the use of up-to-the-minute innovations to offer state-of-the-art treatments to our patients with unparalleled results.