To Make an Appointment
Cardiopulmonary exercise testing or CPET is a procedure that aims at evaluating the cardiopulmonary system. The procedure can be performed for both diagnostic, as well as prognostic assessment of the following:
- Exercise performance
- Functional capacity
- Functional impairment
This is done by evaluating your intolerance to exercise and other symptoms related to it. Your vitals will be assessed while you are walking/jogging/running on a treadmill. The results can ve used to devise proper treatment plans for the effective management of various cardiovascular and respiratory ailments. During the procedures, the doctor will analyse your respiratory oxygen uptake and carbon dioxide production.
CPET may be performed for:
- Detailed evaluation of cardiovascular and pulmonary conditions
- Evaluation of the impact of a disease on cardiovascular functionality
- Determining the suitability for a particular treatment like a heart transplant
- Determining the efficacy of a particular therapeutic modality
- Assessing exercise rehabilitative training intensity.