To Make an Appointment
Echocardiogram or Echo is a diagnostic modality that helps to generate a graphic outline of the heart's movement. The procedure involves the use of high-frequency sound waves, produced by a transducer that is moved on the patient's chest. The procedure is often performed in combination with Doppler ultrasound and colour Doppler, to assess the flow of blood moving across the heart valves. The procedure can be done for any of the following reasons:
- Assessing overall heart function
- Detect different heart diseases and ailments
- Track the progress of a valvular disease
- Track the prognosis of a patient undergoing heart disease
- The procedure is carried out by placing 3 electrodes on the patient's chest, which is connected to an EKG monitor, that record the electrical activity of the heart.
- You will be required to lie down on the left side and a sound wave transducer will be gently moved on your chest.
- Doctors may apply a gel to allow the easy movement of the transducer and offer better visualization.
- The same procedure will be repeated in different positions.
Meet Our Team
Dr. Jitendra Singh Makkar
HOD & Director Cardiology
Dr. Sanjeev Sharma
Director- Interventional Cardiology
Dr. Atul Kasliwal
Associate Director - Cardiology
Dr. Sanjeev Kumar Sidana
Associate Director - Interventional Cardiology
Dr. Hemant Chaturvedi
Senior Consultant - Non invasive cardiology
Dr. Prashant Dwivedi
Associate Director- TAVR and Structural Heart Disease Programme
Dr. Kush Kumar Bhagat
Associate Director - Electrophysiology and Heart Failure, Eternal Hospital
"Coronary Artery Disease Treatment | Eternal Hospital "
"Patient Diary | IABP Guided Complex Angioplasty | Dr Kush Kumar Bhagat | Eternal Hospital "
"Patient Diary | Mr T R Sharma | Dr Jitendra S Makkar | Eternal Hospital "