Interventional cardiology is a specialised branch of cardiology, that involves the use of a capacitor to diagnose and treat various cardiovascular conditions. These include vascular diseases, structural heart, congenital defects and ailments related to the coronary artery. It involves the use of special tools and imaging guidance to assess different cardiovascular functions. Interventional cardiology does not involve open or traditional surgeries, but minimally invasive procedures usually carried out in a catheterisation lab.
Various procedures offered by our interventional cardiology team include:
- Cardiac catheterization, in which a catheter is inserted into the patient’s body and guided towards the heart with the help of various imaging modalities.
- Percutaneous Coronary Intervention or PCI, which is commonly referred to as angioplasty, and is the most prefered treatment for heart attack.
- Balloon angioplasty, which aims at restoring the flow of blood via a blocked or obstructed artery
- Atherectomy, which aims at opening obstructed arteries. The procedure is often done in combination with balloon angioplasty.
- Stent Implantation, which involves the placement of a small metallic stent in the artery to negate the risks of recurrent blockage.
Cardiac conditions and treatments
- Acute coronary syndrome
- Angioplasty and stent placement
- Aortic aneurysm and other diseases related to the aortic valve
- Aortic valve replacement
- Valve repair or replacement
- Cardiac imaging and ultrasound
- Congenital heart diseases
- Congestive heart failure
- Heart attack
- Peripheral artery disease
- Peripheral vascular disease
- Structural heart diseases
- Percutaneous valve repair
Advantages of interventional cardiology
Interventional cardiology uses a minimally invasive approach which means there are no large cuts and wounds. Various benefits associated with interventional cardiology include:
- Faster recovery
- Minimal scarring
- Reduced pain
- Shorter procedural period
- Less blood loss
Why Eternal Hospital?
At Eternal Hospital, we have a highly qualified and dedicated team of cardiologists who are always committed to providing the latest and most advanced medical care to all our patients. Being a trusted name in healthcare, we act compassionately while ensuring confidentiality to those who need it. We have set high standards in patient-centric premium care along with outstanding patient safety and exceptional maintenance in a timely manner. We adhere to the use of up to the minute innovations to offer state-of-the-art treatments to our patients with unparalleled results.