Treat Your Heart Problems with the Help of Cardiologists
Cardiology is a branch of medicine which deals with the diseases and disorders of the heart. It also covers the parts of our circulatory system. The field of cardiology includes all heart related issues such as congenital heart defects, coronary artery disease, heart failure, valvular heart disease and electrophysiology. Doctors who specialize in this field are known as cardiologists. But they should not be confused with cardiac surgeons who are also proficient in performing cardiac surgeries. If you are suffering from any related difficulty, then consult Eternal hospital where you will be treated with the finest cardiologists in Jaipur.
A cardiologist specializes in diagnosing and treating heart diseases with the help of tests such as heart catheterizations, angioplasty, pacemaker etc. Some of the commonly done tests are as follows –
1. Electrocardiogram (ECG) – it is done to record the electrical activity of the heart.
2. Ambulatory ECG – this type of test is done when a person is performing physical exercise. Heart rythms are recorded with the help of small electrodes which are struck on to the chest.
3. Stress Test – stress test is done to see the performance as well as limitations of the heart. It shows the changes of heart rhythm when resting and exercising.
4. Echocardiogram – this test provides ultrasound pictures that show the structure of the heart chambers and the surrounding areas. It is used to detect the cardiac output as well as detect inflammation around the heart.
5. Cardiac Catheterization – this test collects data and helps in relieving a blockage. Catheter based techniques with fluoroscopy can be used to treat congenital cardiac, vlavular and coronary artery disease.
Interventional cardiology is a branch of cardiology which deals with the catheter based treatment of structural heart diseases. There are many procedures which can be performed with the help of catheterization. The main advantage of using this technique is that there will be no scars and minimum pain. Post operative recovery will also be shorter. Similarly, there is another branch of cardiology which takes care of heart ailment of children. Some of the reasons of heart diseases in children may include difficulty in breathing, feeding difficulty, poor growth, excessive sweating, blueness of lips, fingers and toes, frequent episodes of chest infection etc.
Dr. Samin K Sharma is a renowned interventional cardiologist who is known for doing highest number of complex coronary interventions each year with lowest mortality rates.
Tags: Cardiac surgeons, Eternal hospital, cardiology, interventional cardiology, heart diseases, cardiologist, dr. samin k sharma