How to avoid cardiac disease?
Cardiac diseases are basically conditions that affect the heart and blood vessels in the body. There can be several reasons due to which a person can suffer from heart diseases. And in cases of heart diseases it is necessary to diagnose the condition in time so that there can be better options for treatment. Cardiac Diseases may be caused due to several reasons such as irregular heart rhythms, narrowing of blood vessels, congenital birth defect, problem in heart valves, accumulation of plaque or fat in the blood vessels etc. These condition usually occur due to unhealthy eating habits, sedentary lifestyle, inactive lifestyle, family history of having cardiac diseases etc
The symptoms for cardiac diseases usually vary upon the type of heart disease and the cause behind it. Further, it may also vary from person to person based upon the age and severity of the condition. Still some of the common symptoms of cardiac disease may include:
- Chest pain
- Numbness in arms
- Shortness of breath
- Pressure on chest
- Swellings in legs and ankles
- Cramps in legs
- Pain in neck, jaw throat
- Irregular heart rhythm
Risk factors associated with cardiac diseases:
There are certain risk factors that make a person more vulnerable to cardiac diseases some of these risk factors may include:
- High blood pressure
- Consumption of tobacco
- High cholesterol
- Excessive consumption of alcohol
- Family history of heart diseases
- Consumption of drugs
- Chronic kidney disease
- Autoimmune disease
- Type 2 diabetes
- Inactive lifestyle
- High sodium and fat rich diet
How to avoid cardiac disease:
- Reduce the consumption of tobacco and quit smoking as it is one of the primary reasons that increases the risk of having a heart disease. Chemicals present in tobacco damages heart and blood vessels and the toxins cause decreased blood pressure and heart rate. All this puts a lot of pressure on the heart and is difficult for it to transport blood to the body.
- Eat a healthy diet that improves blood pressure, blood flow and has good fat. Eating whole grains, beans, vegetables, fruits, legumes, healthy fat, low fat dairy food, fish and meat helps in maintaining a good heart health.
- Maintain a healthy weight as it helps in preventing various heart diseases and chronic diseases.
- Reduce your alcohol consumption as it is one of the primary causes of having a heart attack, stroke, other heart diseases. Consumption of alcohol also causes other diseases such as liver damage, kidney damage etc.
- Also, keeping a maintained blood pressure by exercise, eating healthy, and having low saturated fat helps. Fluctuation in blood pressure and having a high blood pressure is likely to cause heart failure, heart disease and stroke.
- People who suffer from diabetes are at greater risk of having cardiac disease. Therefore, just by being physically active, maintaining your weight, blood pressure and blood sugar level one can prevent cardiac diseases.
- Being physically active not only helps in preventing cardiac diseases but various other chronic diseases as well. People who are more physically active and exercise regularly have proper blood flow, maintain blood pressure, maintain cholesterol level, maintain healthy weight, maintain blood sugar level etc. Therefore, it is more healthier as compared to people who have a sedentary lifestyle.
- Managing stress is also important as stress is one of the causes of increasing the risk of having heart diseases.
- Further, one should limit their sugar, salt, saturated fat, trans fat processed carbohydrates, packaged food as it increases the risk of having cardiac diseases
Eternal Hospital is one of the top cardiology surgery hospitals in Jaipur. Our cardiac department consists of specialized cardiac surgeons, doctors and healthcare professionals who have years of experience in treating critical cardiac cases. If you are looking for the best cardiology doctor in Jaipur then contact Eternal hospital for expert assistance and care.