Want to boost your fertility? Here's what you should eat
Infertility is not a new term for most of us and some might even have experienced the problem themselves. Affecting about 10 to 14 per cent of the population, infertility is marked by the inability to conceive a child or carry a baby to term. There are many theories and myths related to the topic and mostly revolving around eating practices that can either elevate or alleviate the chances of a healthy pregnancy. There are foods that can help to boost your chances of healthy conception, and others that can add to your fertility challenges. In this blog, we have elaborated on the former, with the help of the best gynaecologist in Jaipur.
1. Beans and lentils - Loaded with fibre, beans and lentils are known to boost ovulation. In fact, some studies have even shown that taking plant-based protein instead of animal-based protein can significantly help to reduce the risks of infertility related to ovulatory problems. Apart from proteins, both beans and lentils are a source of folic acid. Experts from the best hospital in Jaipur suggest that these play a vital role in conception and supports healthy embryo development.
2. Avocados - These are a rich source of Vitamin K, potassium and folate, which play various vital functions in our body, ranging from the absorption of Vitamin to lead a relation of healthy blood pressure levels. Avocados are known to be the best source of healthy fats which aid in weight loss. The dietary fibre and folic acid help to support a healthy pregnancy. You can take avocado with salad or toast. It can also be used to make dips.
3. Sunflower seeds - Nuts and seeds are known for their multiple benefits which include boosting joint health, aiding weight loss, promoting heart-healthy and enhancing sperm count. You can munch on roasted sunflower seeds, salted or unsalted, as per your choice. The vitamin E present in the seeds boosts sperm motility. Not only this, but sunflower seeds are also a source of essential nutrients like zinc, folic acid and selenium, which can do wonders to improve your fertility.
4. Fruits - Fresh fruits are loaded with countless health benefits. These provide essential nutrients that support cell repair and development. The Vitamin C and folic acid that you get from eating fruits, aids in the growth and development of the fetus post conception. Some fruits are rich in antioxidants which boost overall health and help in healthy weight management. The anti-inflammatory properties of fruits help in the effective management of many inflammatory conditions that can hinder normal conception. Expert specialising in female infertility treatment in Jaipur recommend their patients to eat fruits on a daily basis.
5. Quinoa - A healthy source of zinc, protein and folic acid, quinoa is a popular whole grain that is completely gluten-free. It is a perfect food for your fertility meal plan. Having slow digestive properties, quinoa does not lead to an abrupt spoke. In your blood sugar levels. It can also help with your hunger pangs and is highly recommended to women suffering from PCOS and insulin resistance. However, as per the doctors specialising in weight loss surgery in India, you should not take quinoa after undergoing any bariatric surgery procedure.
6. Salmon - Faty fish is a prime component of many healthy diets. These are one of the best sources of protein and Omega 3 fatty acids. Both of these are known to promote fetal development. Eating salmon not only benefits women but also men. The vitamin D and selenium present in it are known to enhance the production of semen. However, make sure that you buy your salmon from a trusted source so that it does not have harmful levels of mercury. Avoid eating it more than twice a week.
If you want to know more about fertility-boosting diet, contact our experts today.