Why Obesity Should Be Taken Care Of?
Obesity is a problem that affects millions of people worldwide. As per the World Health Organization, worldwide obesity has nearly tripled since 1975. While most of the people think that obesity is just a Lifestyle issue the reality is that obesity is a complex disease marked by the accumulation of excess amount of fats in our body that elevate the risks of various other diseases and affects the quality of your life in numerous ways. Whether you are obese or not is determined by calculating your body mass index or BMI. Those having a BMI of 30 or higher, are said to be obese. As per the best doctor in Jaipur, body mass index gives us an approximate estimate of our body fat but is not precise. To help you understand this better let us take an example, athletes may have a BMI greater than 30 going to their muscular mass but this does not mean that they are obese.
Being obese has a physical as well as mental impact on a person as you tend to lose your self-confidence. Well, it is not only about the way you look but also how you would like to carry on with your life as in the long run, obesity can give rise to numerous complications. Obesity is a problem that affects both adults as well as children and you will be surprised to know that 38 million children under the age of 5 were found to be overweight or obese in the year 2019, and the numbers are on a constant rise ever since.
The question is, "What causes obesity?"
The basic or rather fundamental cause of obesity is the imbalance between your calorie intake and the calories you burn on regular basis and doctors specializing in weight loss surgery in Jaipur suggest that in the past few years there has been
- Increased intake of foods rich in calories and fats especially fast food and junk food.
- Increased prevalence of a stagnant lifestyle
Risks associated with obesity:
Obesity is an open invitation to various serious complications that you simply cannot overlook. Some of these have been mentioned below:
- Breathing difficulties – Since obese people tend to have a huge body, it may prevent their lungs from expanding normally, as a result of which the breathing muscles are not able to carry out their functions properly. It is due to this very reason that obese people tend to experience breathlessness while climbing stairs or performing simple day to day activities.
- Fatty liver – Excess fat accumulation can lead to scarring in the liver, thereby triggering a condition known as cirrhosis, which happens to be a leading cause of liver failure.
- Joint problems – Our joints bear the weight of our body and excess body weight leads to tremendous pressure and strain on our joints that accelerates the wear and tear. This is the reason why obese people are more prone to problems like osteoarthritis.
- Increased cholesterol – We all know that high cholesterol is not good for the heart but increased body fat naturally leads to an increase in the bad cholesterol levels which eventually affect your heart and associated structures.
- Infertility – Increased body weight disrupts the normal balance of reproductive hormones in the body, thereby making it difficult for you to conceive.
Apart from the above-mentioned problems, obesity also increases the risks of Gallstones, Type 2 Diabetes, Gout, Hypertension etc.
Exercise and shifting to a healthy diet surely help to keep your weight under check but when you are planning to lose excess amounts of weight, the procedure will be quite time-consuming. Weight loss surgery helps to optimise your time and efforts by helping you lose significant amounts of weight in a very short period of time. With the advancements in technology, the procedure has become much more precise and efficient over the years with hundreds and thousands of people opting for the same worldwide. Weight loss surgery is offered at all the hospitals offering Gastroenterology and GI surgery in Jaipur.
Tags: Best doctor in Jaipur, Weight loss surgery in Jaipur, Gastroenterology and GI surgery in Jaipur, Eternal Hospital